Confession of Faith
We believe in God as eternal Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God created and sustains the universe. The eternal purpose of God the Father is to create a people who will bring glory to God forever. God alone is worthy of worship.
We believe that God became human in Jesus Christ. Jesus came to restore the world because humans had rejected God in disobedience. Jesus taught and modeled the way of God’s kingdom. He died on the cross, making it possible for us to accept a renewed relationship with God. He rose from the dead, broke the power of sin and death and frees us to live in obedience to God’s will.
We believe that God the Holy Spirit invites all people to be reconciled with God and to join the global family of faith. Believers confess their faith, are baptized and join in the celebration of the Lord’s Supper. Through the power of the Holy Spirit and guided by the Bible, members of the church seek to live as followers of Christ and invite others to experience this new life.
As Christians, we are called to:
- a personal relationship with God
- freedom of forgiveness and emotional healing
- turn from individualism to interdependence with others in the local church
- turn from harmful lifestyle choices to choices that nurture wholeness
- show love to neighbours and enemies alike
- share possessions with those in need
- turn from aimless existence to a mission of representing & proclaiming
- God’s kingdom on earth
As Christians, we look forward to the day when God will once again send Jesus to bring all things under God’s eternal rule.
Sidewalk edition of the Confession Faith of the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches